Saturday, March 10, 2012

Welcome to my World

I have finally decided to make an official Author's Blog. Since I haven't gotten a webpage up. I know. I know. Get your butt to work on a webpage.

Allow me to introduce myself.

I'm Patricia Lane. And yes I will be running my own blog. I'm an unknown at the moment but I am working on getting my name out there.

A little bit about me:

I've been writing since I was in about the 4th or 5th grade. It was in the 5th grade that I realized that I had a talent for writing after the teacher for the Gifted and Talented program at Chicot Elementary had me read a myth I'd written for a project in that class. The class I read for a, 1st grade class who's teacher I cannot remember for the life of me, loved it and I ended up reading it for them three times. I've written various genres since then.

Despite writing from everything ranging from historical fiction to western to modern action adventure, I found my niche in the world of fantasy. It came easy for me. There's more you can do with fantasy than with the other genres, I think. Now, mind you I don't go overboard with kidnapped princesses and dragon's lairs and harried heroes. Over the years, my characters have become more believable and ones you root for or hope they get what they deserve.

Writing's not an overnight talent. It takes years to develop, like any talent. It took years for the word of Mitera, the world Asagai takes place in, to go from my mind to the paper to the publisher. I cannot even begin to tell you how it feels to get that phone call that they want to publish your book.

I have a group of close family that always gives me feedback on my stuff. They tell me I have a natural talent. And their feedback has boosted my confidence in my writing and talent.

Do I have any advice for budding authors?

Keep writing and don't give up. And do some research into publishers before you choose...

No comments:

Post a Comment